Friday, November 23, 2012

TAC 2 Day 3 -10

Friday 23 November 2012


The last 8 days have gone quick and thankfully without too much pain.  The Anti-inflammatory meds worked a treat in the first 5 days.

I have been taking things easy and trying to have every second day as a "time out" day.

I spent a morning with a gorgeous friend and walked along Mullaloo Beach (nearly to Hillary's) Our coastline is beautiful and I enjoyed the wind in my face and the sun on my back.

I had a check up with my lymphedema Physio and am happy to report I have full movement in my arm.  I'm so thrilled to hear this news and even happier to hear no swelling is in my left arm.
I will see this Physio during my radiation treatment  as new scare tissue will form, causing decreased movement.
A good friend joined my on my appointment and we then chilled at my house for the day. Thanks J xx

I'm feeling great.  I now have bald patches on my head, guessing I'll be completely bald soon.  TBH, it's actually quiet liberating having no hair, I no longer spend hours in the shower and bathroom grooming.  My eyelashes are also slowly coming out and a couple of hairs on my legs are hanging on for dear life.

I ordered new bandanna's online from USA and was excited to receive them yesterday.  I now have all sorts of colours and a couple of pirate ones :)  I do have beautiful scarves to wear, but find the bandanna is cooler.

6 sleeps until I have cycle 3.  I am hoping my bloods are normal so I can have this cycle. I'm also feeling anxious,   It will be only 16 days since my last cycle (normally 21) Will my body be able to handle TAC so close?  On the other hand, I'm really excited that it will mean I'm having number 3 - half way, I'm at the bottom of the hill and ready to bolt to the top.

So from now till Thursday 29th, I plan to rest up and enjoy spending time with my family.  We aim to catch Skyfall, finish decorating the house with Christmas lights and enjoy a glass or 2 of fine wine.
My big plan is keeping healthy.  A nasty gastro bug is going around and both kids have suggested they stay home from school HAHA - good try kids!

I'm hoping you are all happy, happy with yourself and your life.  It really doesn't matter how much money you have in  your bank, the size of the house you live in, car you drive, clothes you wear, all of this material stuff means NOTHING.
What matters is YOU and those closest to you.  Keep love, laughter and kindness at the forefront of everything you do and you will be blessed.  Remind those dear to you how much you love them,  cuddle your children daily, look them in the eye and tell them how important they are and how much you love them.

D, C-R, L and Dad:  Love to all to the moon and back way more :)
With love
Shaz xxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment