Sunday, February 10, 2013

Heavy Heart

Sunday 10th February 2013


I told you about Kate, in my blog post,  "1 in 8".  Kate had her scans this week and heartbreakingly, Kate's BC staging has been  changed to IV (4)
Kate had her MRI, CT and bone scan: they found 2 tumours in her spine, one in her liver and the cancer is in her other breast.

What I haven't told you about Kate is:
She is 29 years old
Kate and her hubby Steve, have 4 gorgeous kids, ^Shannon^, Lily, Grace and SJ (Stephen Junior)
She works tirelessly to help families in NICU's around America, through her not for profit organisation Project Sweet Peas.
She is amazing and very inspiring
She is a loving mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend
and she now has the fight of her life!

Waking up to this news on Friday, has left me completely heartbroken.  I have shed many tears and feel helpless being on the other side of the world.

"why is this happening to such a good person, hasn't she been through enough in her short life?"

I'm numb and can't articulate how I'm feeling.


Love you Kate and have you in my heart and thoughts always.

Shaz x











No comments:

Post a Comment