Monday, January 28, 2013

TAC 5 - Days 7 - 17

Saturday 26th January 2013


The last 10 days have been wonderful.  My energy levels have been normal and I can honestly say, I haven't felt this good since August.

I have organised my Radiation Appointments:

6/2:  Getting measured up for my Radiation treatment
25/2:  Start Radiation

I'm SOOOO excited to be heading into my last Chemo cycle next Thursday.  I can believe, how quickly the time has passed and hope the next part of my journey continues to go smoothly.

I saw my Breast Surgeon on Friday 25th January, he was pleased with how I have healed and how well I looked, considering I had been having chemo.   We discussed reconstruction and his recommendation,  is to go with his original plan, take the rest of the breast tissue (complete the Mastectomy) Whilst he did remove all the cancer in my second surgery,  we agree, its best to remove the breast completely and reconstruct.
We asked about timing for the reconstruction and was told,  woman generally wait 3 months or more from the last Radiation treatment.  It's best to get the body fit and healthy again.

Please spare a thought for me on Thursday.  I'm sure I will be feeling emotional, especially with my favourite chemo buddy coming with me, my hubby!

Thanks once again for all the love and support.

With love
Shaz x




No comments:

Post a Comment