Sunday, December 23, 2012

TAC 4 Days 1-3.....I can see the finish line.....

Sunday 23rd December 2012

Day 1:
Friday was an emotional day.  We celebrated Mum's angelversary by throwing flowers in the Indian Ocean.
My Dad, Daughter and Son each threw flowers into the ocean, followed by me (hubby had to work)  Master 9 and Dad then jumped off the rocks, clowning around is something my dear Mum would expect from all of us.
We then headed to Mum and Dad's house and left a card and little statue of a bear holding a gold heart at Mum's urn.
Dad then headed off to Mum's spot.

We came home and I changed and got organised to head into The Mount for Chemo 4.
Miss 13 and I dropped Master 9 to hubby's work and made the 30 min drive into the hospital.
We were lucky enough to get a park straight away, then headed to see Prof Chan.
Thankfully we only waited 5 mins and was called in.  Again my bloods were perfect and off we headed to the pharmacy to order the drugs.

Chemo 4 ran in with no probs and I think it helped Miss 13 realise it's not as scary as it sounds and everyone is made to feel as relaxed as possible.

Thank You Miss 13 for holding my hand, I love you so much and am so proud of you for putting the fears aside and being my chemo partner.

Day 2:

Had a great sleep in (thanks hubby) had all my anti-nausea meds, breakfast then decided it's time to get this old body fit again.
So..... jumped in the pool and swan: 50 breaststroke laps, 30 walking laps and 40 lunges.
I felt fantastic when I got out of the pool and spent the rest of the day chilling.  My wonderful friend called past and gave me my Neulasta Injection, thank you~

We spent the evening watching the Christmas Carols on TV.

Day 3:

Another great sleep in, but spent majority of the night putting the sheet on and off, hot flushes.
Had anti-nausea med, breakfast, then jumped in the pool.
60 laps of Breaststoke, 60 lunges, 10 kickboard laps and a cool down of 10 walking laps.

My eye is definitely on the finish line.  I know I have Radiation to go, my focus in getting our lives back on track and getting my fitness back to where is was getting rid of the BIG 2 forever.

WOW can you believe I have had 2 major ops, 4 rounds of chemo since 29/8??

As you can tell, I'm so happy to have finished round 4!

lots of love to you all


Shaz xxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment