Wednesday, October 31, 2012

TAC 1 - Day 7 - 10

Wednesday 31 October 2012



Days 7 - 10 post Chemo have been up and down.  I have been taking things easy, well trying to and resting when I feel I need.

I actually went out shopping by myself on Monday, then returned  home and decided to do the ironing, followed up with cooking dinner.  WHOA.... bit too much for the body.  I did end the day going to watch Miss 13 play netball.

I think I am finally out of the Chemo cloud that had my mind in a haze, it felt   like I have been on the biggest bender of all time and all I had to show for it was the headache from hell.   My skin feels back to normal and my left eye has stopped twitching. (painting a glam picture of myself aren't I?)

In the last few days, I have been thinking about all the "comments" I have had since being diagnosed with Breast Cancer..
I try to keep everyone's well meaning stories of "my brother's wife's,  Mum has breast cancer" at arms length.  I know people are trying to help but PLEASE everyone's journey is so different.
I'm pissed off with the "oh how can you do that job whilst you are having Chemo" OR "I had a scare last year and THANK GOD it was negative"...... hmmmmm I'm glad it was negative but you are speaking to someone who is positive to BC, could you reword what you just said?  OR the one I flipped at "maybe your surgeon was knife happy" WTF!!

I have always been sensitive to other people's feelings and life journeys.  Everybody deals with situations differently and I guess as a person living the breast cancer nightmare, I need to be able to tolerate silly comments, I will choose to listen but ignore them, unless you say something absolutely stupid!

If you don't know what to say... tell me that, I'm happy with that, I would rather that, then "my friend vomited the whole 4 months of chemo".  

So until next time, I'm happy doing what I do.  I know when I need to rest and I know when to ask for help.

lots of love
Shaz
xxx







1 comment:

  1. Sending you lots of lve and hugs Sharon love debbiexxxx

    ReplyDelete