Monday, September 3, 2012

random thoughts on a windy day

Monday 3 September


Where has the week gone???  This time last week I would of been  wheeled into recovery.
Today I sit at my Mac and hoping like crazy that all the cancer has been cut out of me.

Yesterday was Father's Day and I had a long but enjoyable day with my Dad, Husband and kids.  Hubby cooked up a storm: roast beef, pork and lamb with vegetables and finished off with apple pie.  Good thing hubby thinks of himself as a good cook (he is) and had no probs getting in the kitchen.
Talking of cooking, one of our CDH Australia friends dropped home made beef and mushroom pies around.  Thank you for this thoughtful gift which has been enjoyed by all. (Hubby came home for lunch today and consumed another)

Today has been back to routine, kids at school and hubby off to work.  One of my dear friends popped over for coffee, we had a great laugh and she finished her visit with her usual trick of washing my hair :)   Thank you my love :)

Had a visit from one of my netball friends, she makes me LOL and I'm sure I grossed her out getting the left girl out to show my "surgeons work".  I should of promised her that I won't do this in front of the rest of the CNC Committee.

Drainage volume is down to 45mls today (YAH!!!!!)  I have a fair bit of pain under my left arm (axillary clearance site)  no pain from the breast :) and taking my physio slowly.

I have managed to send a few emails and catchup on some CDH Australia work.  Yes, I'm going slow and no I'm ok doing the things I love.

I'm feeling relatively calm today and looking forward to hearing my results on Friday.

BTW:  my friend agreed that both girls look the same :)   I thought I would end up with one girl bigger than the other and walking lopsided around Perth HAHA.

Off to fill my glass half full....

lots of love
Shaz xxxx

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you on the path to recovery. I sure hope it's a quick and smooth one.
    By the way, I wasn't too traumatised about what I saw! Ha Ha!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mel you are lucky that i didnt get mine out :o) hahaha

    ReplyDelete