Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pathology results...NOT!

Thursday 20th September


Received a call Wednesday night, my path results were not ready so could I come in 11.20am Thursday instead of 9.15am. "yeah ok, but it's a pain as I have a physio appointment at 8.20"

Physio appointment went well :)  No swelling from lymphedema, arm movement good, tight feeling in chest is scaring and numbness down back of arm is normal and will go - eventually!
Next appointment 10/10/12.

Hubby and I went to Hudsons coffee shop, had breakfast and coffee.  Sat and chatted and people watched.
It's a long wait until 11.20am.  Whilst people watching, we couldn't help but see loads of women with head scarves and beanies. I can honestly say I was the youngest woman I saw today :(  and yes I did think "why me?"

11.20am - arrive at surgeon's rooms and still no results :(  We waited awhile and then headed into see surgeon.  Pathologist is missing and no results ARRRRGGGG!!!!  "just my bloody luck!!"

Good news for the wasted hours, surgeon happy with wound and result did come back form first surgery HER2 negative.  Hubby and I grinned and "yes, that's positive"

Going back next Wednesday and hopefully the pathologist has been found and has my results.
as a side note:  3 other women were also in the same boat

Home for a little while to rest then taking Miss 13 to a netball training session with Norma Plummer - for those of you in the know, this is a BIG thing for any aspiring netball player.
Miss 13 was invited to attend by one of her association team mates who won a competition (a training session for her team with Norma.  This gorgeous girl chose her association team)
I'm really excited to see Norma in action and YAH I'm driving :)

So, whilst it sucks not getting my results, I'm happy the physio is happy with my progress, I have no lymphedema and I'm HER2 negative.

My glass is half full today.

Be kind to yourself and tell those whom you love, how much you appreciate and love them.

lots of love
Shaz xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment