Friday, September 7, 2012

oh crap :(

Friday 7th September,


We waited an hour to see my surgeon and when I finally walked in, I didn't hear, what I wanted to hear.

Tumor was larger than we thought, 35mm, we took a good margin and unfortunately the margin show cancer cells.  {what... what... what... did he just say??? NO!  you are suppose to say, we got it all and our next step is chemo... WTF}

Professional opinion is to have a mastectomy - HELL YES!

So, booked in for Monday to have mastectomy with the intention of having  reconstruction done after chemo and radiation therapy.
Surgery will take just over an hour (if no probs) 2 days in hospital and home, fingers crossed no drains.

5 out of 20 lymph nodes removed had cancer, so i'm pulling strength from that number.

I'm upset, pissed off and completely devastated AGAIN!!!!

It is what it is and yes I still have my bloody drain.

Silver lining:  I will eventually end up with new girls,   I've always wanted smaller boobs.

Glass is completely empty as the tears keep flowing.

lots of love
Shaz x


4 comments: