Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stunned Mullets!

Wednesday 26th September 2012


My dear Dad drove the kids to school for us this morning, so hubby and I could head into the city for my appointment.

We arrived in time (freeway was a nightmare) and headed up to my surgeon's rooms.  Was greeted by his staff with big smiles, both ladies are so friendly and welcoming, perfect people for the job.
Hubby and I sat and waited for 5 minutes and it wasn't until we walked in that I thought "oh god, I am feeling sick"

We walked in and sat down and all I heard was "good news, we have it all, we have clear margins" I smiled, looked at hubby, smiled, turned back to my surgeon and smiled at him"   "staging??"   "haven't got that report back, but your Oncologist will have it when you see her"
I looked at my husband again and back to my surgeon  {OMG... where is the but??? , surely I'm getting bad news}

Yes, I will have chemo and radiation then I will have my reconstruction.  "come back and see me in 3 months so I can check the scars"

We thanked my surgeon, walked out and the lovely ladies made my first appointment with my Oncologist for next Wednesday 3pm, same floor, same hospital.

We got in the lift and both smiled at each other and blurted out "where is the but??"  Hubby told me he was so nervous waiting in the surgeon's rooms and he now feels excited for the next step.
Excited  = first steps towards being a breast cancer survivor.
We walked out and we looked like stunned mullets!

Yes, chemo and radiation won't be fun but I'm positive I will cope ok with it.  I'm positive that all those drugs will rid me of the dreaded C, I'm positive I will have hair grow back that is lush {ok, I'm probably pushing the hair}

I'm positive, I am SO happy with today's appointment!  I can't wait to share this news with my children, the loves of my life.

Don't sweat the small stuff people, it's not worth it!  Enjoy today, enjoy everything you have (or don't have - someone, somewhere is worse off than you) in your life.  Be thankful for those who love you and whom you love.  Laugh, laugh as much as you can, even in crappy moments, laughter will bring joy to your heart.

Today I will laugh, I will laugh till I pee my pants, today I am happy :)

Be kind to yourself

with love
Shaz xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment