Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The week that was

Tuesday 18th September


It's been 9 days since my last surgery and I have felt incredibly tired and sore.  I'm resting but am struggling with the whole concept of "rest".  How can I rest when I have 2 kids, a husband who runs his own business, a house and a life that is busy???????
Yes, I'm feeling guilty not doing my share and I understand in order for me to be ready for treatment,  my body needs to heal = REST :(

We had a busy weekend with catchups with neighbours (late nights) , a quick trip to Ikea (bed shopping for master 9) and a wonder around Supre with Miss 13 ("I have no clothes")  oh and I watched my gorgeous daughter play netball.  It's my own fault, should of napped in the day and now I'm paying for it.

Fluid is starting to build up in my armpit and I hate the tight, tingling feeling.  I'm seeing the physio Thursday morning and am looking forward to her showing my hubby how to do lymphatic massage.
I'm also loosing  muscle that I have worked so hard to get :(  It's incredible how quickly this has happened.

My gorgeous little family has been busy with work and school life.  Life goes on and is flying by so quickly, I wish I could hit pause!!!  Pausing life is prolonging my next step.... How will I cope with Chemo???  Should I shave my head before I start Chemo??  Will I have an ugly head??
SO many questions that I hoping to cross off on Thursday.  I'm hoping my surgeon says "yep, I have it all"  "This is your staging etc"  

I'm still in my pj's and have been trying to write this update all day.  My mind keeps wondering to my "to do" list.

Well, off for a shower, freshen up before dinner, then fill my glass half full of wine and relax with my little family.

Be kind to yourselves

lots of love
Shaz xxx



3 comments:

  1. It must be so hard for you to go less than 100Kph.
    Take care and look after yourself. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you sharon. Do they have ice caps at your hospital? I have a friend whose mum used one and it did work for her. I am thinking of you lots, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shaz, Take care. Has the hospital/doctor suggested any support groups?

    ReplyDelete