Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Calm before the storm

Tuesday 21st August

One week on from my diagnosis of Breast Cancer and so much has happened. 
It's the first time in 17 years, that my hubby has been happy to have private insurance, I did LOL when he told me this.  We are so thankful that tests have been performed quickly, the unknown is unbearable and the what if's were on repeat.

Master 9  is coughing and snotty,  so will spend the day at home with a visit to the GP at 11.10am.  Hoping he is well very soon.   I don't want to get sick before surgery, Monday is the start to my recovery.

I was vacuuming this morning and found myself singing "What a day this has been, What a rare mood I'm in,  Why it's almost like being in love".  Nothing like a good old Frank Sinatra song to brighten your day.

Last night I decided to share my journey with my Facebook friends.  The out pouring of love and support is again, so overwhelming.  I'm blessed to have so many people sending, prayers, love, support and positive thoughts.  Thank you!!!

City to Surf is this weekend,  hubby and I were meant to be  running in the 12k, had a chat about it and decided    not too.  Don't need the body tired on Monday, our rego will just be a donation to ACTIV.  
Oh well, looks like we will have to do the 1/2 marathon next year.

So my plans today, buy PJ's for hospital and write a list of what I need to do before Monday.

Sitting typing and my water glass is half full, life is good!

lots of love
Shaz xx

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing way you have with words. You are such an inspirational person Sharon!!
    You're right about one thing that's for sure - Monday is the start of your recovery.........xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete