Thursday, August 23, 2012

Routine

Thursday 23rd August

My gloomy day went on into the night.  Ended up with a flat tyre after driving over a nail, so 8pm last night my hubby was changing it over to the spare.

Hubby has come down with shingles :(  Have nagged him today to see his gp so he better bloody go! (YES... NAGGING AGAIN!)  He has never had them before and they look so sore.  


Had an ok day for a Thursday.

Started the day with my last game of Volleyball for awhile,   I'm going to miss playing and hope to be back when I have recovered.  While waiting for my team members, I heard another lady talking about a friend who has cancer and how sad she felt.  I instantly came out with "I recently got diagnosed with Breast Cancer and am having surgery on Monday, I hope your friend is ok"
Low and behold, I said this without shedding a  tear.


I caught up for coffee with 2 amazing ladies. I was a bit flat energy wise, so must apologise for the moments of silence.  We had a few good laughs which is always good for the soul.  I talked about surgery day and couldn't stop myself from crying when I spoke about my babies.  I don't want to be without them for a few days. (I RARELY leave them and have friends who will vouch for my sooking)

This afternoon I spent some time reading through my BCN booklets.  Such great tools to have on this journey.

After having to cancel 3 waxing appointments, Miss 13 and I are off to get our legs waxed.  I definitely don't want to have surgery with hairy legs.  You never know I might be lucky enough to have a gorgeous male nurse me (I wish!!)

Tonight, I feel back to my old self... my glass is half full :)

lots of love
xxxxx


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there honey. WIsh I could pop over for coffee - we might have to have a "virtual" coffee catch up on day.
    And keep nagging Damon - Shingle can be nasty!!!
    Love you! xx

    ReplyDelete