Friday, August 24, 2012

Feeling good

Friday 24th August

Have spent the day reflecting.....

I rushed into Lakeside to get my pj's and have my eyebrows threaded and all I saw was Mum's with toddlers.  A rush of memories came flooding back..... I wish I could go back to those days.  I loved food shopping when the kids were little, the endless chatter, the smiles and the bright eyes.

I went back to work when Miss 13 was 6 months and went on mat leave when she was 4.  I regret not having those beautiful years with her and missing so many milestones.  I chose to work and at the time was the perfect choice but on reflection, was it??
When Master 9 came along, he was diagnosed with CDH so his journey was very different to our first child.  I couldn't return to work after he was born and have been a home goddess every since.  I love playing Mum, I love being Mum, seeing your babies smile at you (or roll eyes) melts my heart.  I tell my kids I am the coolest mum around :)
I'm really proud of both my babies.  Miss 13 is compassionate, loving, kind, very funny and an absolute joy to be around.  Yes, she has at times a bad attitude but never shows this when we are out.
Master 9 is loving, kind, very funny and has a  beautiful soul,   BUT he is also,  your average 9 year old little shit.

I had coffee with a close friend today, cheeky bitch asked if I can leave her my Tiffany Jewellery!  *remember to hide jewellery when she visits*
She asked me how I feel about the anesthetic.  I have NEVER been under so am feeling stressed,  as not sure what to expect.

Hubby went to the GP and yep has shingles.  Didn't I tell you we do everything together HAHA  Poor thing isn't concentrating at work,  so is painting a wall in the office today.


I have asked myself this question a few times over the years "would I change anything in my life"  "NOPE"  
Being diagnosed with BC is another hurdle to overcome and say "Bring it!"

So today I'm feeling..... calm (apart from worrying about going under a general anesthetic)

It's Friday and I'm going to top my glass to half full and enjoy some bubbles.

Be kind to yourself, if I can do it, so can you!

lots of love
Shaz xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. To my BRAVE friend that i love to bits
    Im so glad that your day stayed calm after our morning coffee and great chat.
    Im still lol about the jewellery...it would look bloody great on me,just saying :o)
    It was nice to see you smile and have a laugh today :o)
    All my love Tania xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I've figured it out Shaz (this will make sense after you read my FB post)
    Love you to bits, Dani xoxox
    PS. Tell Damon to look after himself

    ReplyDelete