Friday, August 17, 2012

tick tick tick

Thursday 11pm:

I had a flashback whilst driving into my appointment today.  April 30th 2003, 5.45am heading to KEMH to deliver my son via C-Section.  Fear gripped my body, I wanted to keep my little boy safe in me, delivering him would make our terrifying journey of CDH real.... role on 9 years and my body was again gripped with fear, all the what if's were at the forefront of my mind. I hear myself saying between sobs.."take me home, I want to go home"

I met the surgeon really nice man he examined my boobs then drew diagram and said "he would remove lump and take 1cm around, then remove all lymph nodes"

He ordered CT of chest/abdo, bone scan and blood work up - having this done tomorrow then see him monday 4;45 for results and to work out a plan.
If CT or Bone scan show anything, chemo is the first option.

I asked about staging and he said he would have more of an idea after scans. He "thought" it looked like early breast cancer (let's hope)

Glass is half full

with love 
Shaz x

No comments:

Post a Comment